- February 2: University of the Pacific, Conservatory of Music. California. The Window that opens your Soul for clarinet and piano, performance by Sally Pinkas (piano) and Patricia Shands (clarinet).
- January 17: Premiere of Elegia, written for the Amernet String Quartet in Miami, FL on January 17, commissioned by the Fromm Foundation of Harvard University. The concert will be part of my residency at the Betsy Writer’s Room, participating in the FIU NODUS program.
- January 12: I/O Festival, Williams College. Performance of “Lega Celu yen di Splendor” for fl, cl, bs, pno, perc., harp, guitar, vl, vla, vc, and Db.
- Texas Public Radio, 01/06/2018 at 8:52 pm. : “Night Songs“/ Moon Tides from album A Cascade of Light in a Resonant Universe, Albany Records.
New CD: A Cascade of Light in a Resonant Universe (Music of Ileana Perez Velazquez), released on September 2017 by Albany Records. Recordings by Miranda Cuckson and Nunc, Adrian Morejon, Nuno Antunes, Molly Morkowski, Momenta Quartet, Matt Gold and Doris Stevenson.
- November 8: Premiere of The Window that opens your Soulnew composition for clarinet and piano commissioned by the Hopkins Center of Dartmouth College. Premiere scheduled on November 8 at Dartmouth College by Sally Pinkas (piano) and Patricia Shands (clarinet).
- November 10: Performance of The Window to your Soul for clarinet and piano at Williams College. Piano: Sally Pinkas, clarinet: Patricia Shands.
- November 2: Performance of Alma de Guijeby the Amernet String Quartet. Williams College.
October 20: Performance of Naturaleza Viva by Jacqueline DeVoe, flute, at Williams College
- October 1: Celia(fixed media) performed at Kontakte Biennale fur Elektroakustische Musick and Klangkunst, Akademie Der Kunste, Berlin, Germany.
- June: Conservatorio Statale di Musica A. Buzzola, Italy. Ensemble Namaste, Flora Invernal. Flute: Andrea Bianchini, saxophone: Michele Bianchini.
Spirits, for two voices (bass:Stefan Szkafarowsky, bass baritone: Adrian Rosas) and clarinet. Premiere in Key West, FL on April 13, 14, and 15. Music composition by Ileana Perez Velazquez, lyrics by Justen Ahren, originally created as part of Key West Reverie, Wendy Taucher concept/director/choreographer.
- Fire of the heart and mind for violin and piano. Premiere by ICE (International Contemporary Ensemble) at Williams College on April 7.
Radio performances: Brazil: March 5: “Our sacred space” for guitar. Radio program “Américas em Concerto” by Jose Duarte Miller Schille, 21h (Rio de Janeiro and Brasília) Roquette-Pinto, 94,1 Mhz. Portugal: first week of April: Program about Cuba, recorded on March 7 by composer Daniel Bruno Schvetz, including my “Concerto for violin and orchestra”, Program Antena 2: Portuguese public radio focused on classical music and culture.
- Flora invernal, for clarinet and tenor saxophone. October 8. Milan, Italy, Auditorium G. Di Vittorio. Ensemble Namaste. Flute: Andrea Bianchini, saxophone: Michele Bianchini.
- Soft watches for flute, viola, and harp. October 3. St John’s University. Queens, NYC. flute: Linda Wetherill, viola: Sophia Sun Sun, and organ: Jared Aragon.
- Naturaleza viva by the Sunshine City Opera, at The Studio @ 620, St. Petersburg, FL, September 16.
- Premiere of Lightning Whelks by Miranda Cuckson (violin solo) and Nunc: Chris Gross (cello), Nuno Antunes (clarinet), Adrian Morejon (bassoon), Molly Morkoski (piano), Bill Solomon (percussion), and Benjamin Grow (conductor), at Williams College Chapin Hall, Williamstown, MA, April 18.
- Night Songs performance by Adrian Morejon (bassoon), Nuno Antunes (clarinet), Molly Morkoski (piano), and Jacqueline Kerrod (harp), at Williams College, Chapin Hall, Williamstown, MA, April 18.
- Duendes Alados for string quartet, by the New World Symphony in special event !Fiesta Cubana! at the New World Center, Miami, FL on March 18.
Ileana P.V. has been awarded a 2015 Commission from the Fromm Music Foundation at Harvard
Alma de guije, for string quartet at WQXR, New York Public Radio on November 11, 2015, Living Composers Program at 7:37 PM (live performance by Momenta Quartet in the Americas Society) http://www.wqxr.org/#!/musicians/ileana-perez-velazquez_/
- Alma de guije, for string quartet at WQXR, New York Public Radio on September 24, 2015, “Her Music” Program at 12:25 AM (live performance by Momenta Quartet in the Americas Society)
- The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra “Liquid Music Concert Series” Miranda Cuckson’s performance of “Un ser con unas alas enormes…” on November 13, and 14. St. Paul, MN.
- Aurora for 2 pianos – performed by the Hammond Piano Duo at the Denver Art Museum as part of the Americas Latino Eco Festival, on October 17.
- Composer of original music for the Theater Play “Blood Wedding” (Bodas de Sangre de Garcia Lorca) adapted and directed by Kameron Steele at the 62 Center Theater, Williamstown, MA October 15, 16, and 17
- Premiere of “Soft watches” commissioned by the Snow Mask Trio, Vendsyssel Festival, Denmark. Sunday August 9, 2015.
- Premiere of “Soft watches” for flute, viola, and organ, at the 2015 International Music Festival Counterpoint Italy in Lucca, Tuscany, Italy on July 30. flute Linda Wetherill.
- Concerto for violin and orchestra premiered by the Berkshire Symphony Orchestra, at Chapin Hall, Williams College on November 21, 2014. Violin: Joanna Kurkowicz, Conductor: Ronald Feldman
- Un ser con unas alas enormes performed by Miranda Cuckson at Spectrum, New York City, NY on November 13, 2014.
- Del falso amor impuro performed by Ensemble Dal Niente (from Chicago) at Williams College, on October 18, 2014.
- Light Echoes performed in the XXXVI Foro Internacional de Música Nueva Manuel Enríquez, Mexico City, Mexico, on May 26, MUAC, by Ensamble OKHO.
- Night Songs for bassoon, harp, piano, and clarinet was performed at the Adrian Morejon Recital during the International Double Reed Society Conference– August 9, at 10am – Judson Memorial Church, New York City, by Adrian Morejon, Nuno Antunes, Molly Morkoski, and Kristi Shade.
- Bassoneando for bassoon and piano. Premiered at the Longy School of Music, at the Edward Pickman Concert Hall, Boston, MA, February 28, by Adrian Morejon and Wayman Chin.
- Auroras was performed by the Williams Chambers Players at Williams College on March 7, 2014.
- Moon-tides for bassoon, clarinet, and harp. Premiered at the “Composers Now Festival, New York City”, at the“Music Melange” concert series at the “Blessed unrest theater”. New York City, on February 24, 2014 by the Gene Project: Adrian Morejon, Nuno Antunez, and Kristi Shade.
- Alma de guije (Guije’s soul) for string quartet. Performed at the New York City “Composers Now Festival”, Fire House, Brooklyn, NY on February 20, 2013 by the Momenta Quartet.
- Un ser con unas alas enormes performed by Miranda Cuckson at the I/O Festival, Williams College on January 11, 2014.
- Del falso amor impuro for Soprano, violin,saxophone alto,percussion, and piano, Commissioned by the MusicArte Festival, premiered by Dal Niente ensemble from Chicago, in Panama City, Amador Theater, Panama, June 2013 as part of this Festival.
- Del falso amor impuro Performance by Dal Niente at the Latino Music Festival in Chicago: Program Ancient and New, Pritzker Auditorium at the Harold Washington Public Library. November 14, 6pm.
- Alma de guije (Guije’s soul) premiered by Momenta Quartet at the Americas Society, New York City, on May 30, 2013.
- Alma de guije performed by Momenta quartet at Williams College, November 13, 2013
- Aurora Premiered at the 62 Center for the Arts, Main Stage, Williams College. Performed on May 3 and 4, 2013 by Doris Stevenson and Elizabeth Wright, pianists.
- Zunzun. Performed at the I/O Festival, Williams College, January 2013 by Matt Gold,
- Un ser con unas alas enormes Museum of Contemporary Art, Panama City, Panama. Performed by Graciela Nuñez (violin)
- Naturaleza viva Premiered by Orlando Cela, I/O New Music Festival February 2012, Williams College
- Confluencias, fixed media ICEM Concert “Des Cercles en Cercle”, Beijing, China (October 22-28)
- Idolos del sueño Performed at Merkin Hall, New York City by CONTINUUM, on May 1st, 2011, Concert in celebration of the 45th Anniversary of CONTINUUM.
- Idolos del sueño Performed at Indiana University School of Music, Bloomington, IN, on October 23, 2011, Auer Concert Hall, at the closing concert of the Cultural Counterpoints Conference and celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Latin American Music Center.
- Entre la ternura y el intenso azul (between tenderness and an intense blue) Performed at the Puente Sonoro Latin American Music Festival, Williams College, February 2011 by Ana Ruth Bermudez, cellist
- Un ser con unas alas enormes November 17, 2011, Bargemusic Concert Hall as part of the Here and Now series, New York City, 8pm, Miranda Cuckson, violin
- Un ser con unas alas enormes – May 15th, 2011, at Thalia Theater, Symphony Space, New York City by Miranda Cuckson, the Azure Azure Ensemble Concert.